There are three ways to initiate this Acronis activity. You may choose any one of the three below: 1. Click Create Bootable Rescue Media on the toolbar or the sidebar 2. Select Create Bootable Rescue Media from the Tools menu 3. Run the Bootable Rescue Media Builder without loading Acronis True Image Motion Computing Edition by selecting. Download Bootable Media Builder - Facilitate data recovery when your operating system is damaged or corrupted and simply create a bootable disk so you can restore your PC to its initial state Forums Archived Forums Closed Sub-Forums Archive of Acronis Support Forums Acronis True Image Product Line Unable to make bootable media with Media Builder Discussion in ' Acronis True Image. This video is all about how to make USB bootable media with acronis rescue on it. By using Rufus media builder. You can support me here, thank you.
Make sure you have Windows AIK installed, and then build WinPE with the Acronis plug-in from Acronis Media Builder
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server Build 11345 or higher
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Server for Windows (Standalone) Build 11345 or higher
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Small Business Server Edition Build 11345 or higher
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation Build 11345 or higher
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Workstation (Standalone) Build 11345 or higher
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition Build 11345 or higher
If you have Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Build 11133 or lower, please either download and install the latest build, or refer to the following articles:
Acronis Plug-in for WinPE is a modification of Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Agent for Windows that can run in the preinstallation environment. The plug-in can be added to a WinPE image using Bootable Media Builder. The resulting bootable media can be used to boot any PC-compatible machine and perform, with certain limitations, most of the direct management operations without help of an operating system. Operations can be configured and controlled either locally through the GUI or remotely using the console.
If you have Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) installed on the same computer with Acronis Bootable Media Builder, Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 will detect it, and you will be able to have the WinPE created from Acronis Bootable Media builder.
Downloading and installing Windows AIK
- If you do not have Windows AIK, you can download it from the Microsoft website:
- AIK for Windows Vista, Windows XP SP2 (PE 2.0): http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/details.aspx?familyid=C7D4BC6D-15F3-4284-9123-679830D629F2&displaylang=en
- AIK for Windows Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008 (PE 2.1): http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=94bb6e34-d890-4932-81a5-5b50c657de08&DisplayLang=en
- AIK for Windows 7 (PE 3.x): http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=696DD665-9F76-4177-A811-39C26D3B3B34&displaylang=en
(!) WinPE 3.x (Windows 7) support has been implemented in . See also .
(!) WinPE 3.x installation is not supported on Windows XP.
- After you download an ISO file from the links, burn the ISO to a DVD disc (see Burning an ISO Image) and run it on the computer where Acronis Bootable Rescue Media Builder is installed (or where you plan to install it);
- Click Windows AIK Setup:
- After going through the wizard and clicking OK, the installation will start:
(!) Reboot the machine after the installation of Windows AIK, otherwise Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 will not be able to detect it properly and the creation of the WinPE media will fail.
Building WinPE media with the Acronis Plug-in
- Run Acronis Management Console, click Tools -> Create bootable media:
- On the Acronis Bootable Media window select Windows PE:
- Then select Create Windows PE 2.x automatically:
You can pre-configure network connections that will be used by the bootable agent:
If the settings have not been pre-configured, the agent uses DHCP auto configuration. You also have the option to configure the network settings manually in command line when the bootable agent is running on the machine.
- If you would like to add specific drivers both to the WinPE media and for Acronis Universal Restore, click add and browse to the folder with the *.inf driver files:
(!) If your specific hardware (e.g. RAID controller) is not supported by Linux-based Acronis Bootable Rescue media (see Acronis Bootable Media Types), you should add drivers for the necessary hardware at this step, to make sure that WinPE media recognizes hardware correctly.
(!) Drivers both for the WinPE media and Acronis Universal Restore are provided at the same step.
(!) Drivers for restoring to dissimilar hardware can always be added during the restore process.
(!) Drivers for WinPE can also be loaded after you boot from WinPE with the Load driver option:
- Select the type of media to create (PXE/ISO/WIM):
- The product will then start creating the WinPE media with the Acronis plug-in:
- After the media is created, you should be able to boot from it. Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 will start automatically, once booted:
Please contact Acronis Customer Central if you need assistance.
Acronis Rescue Media Builder Download Apk
Quick and easy system recovery to new, dissimilar hardware
Universal Restore technology restores your system to any available machine in minutes, regardless of the platform!
How does Universal Restore work
Exclusive to Acronis, Universal Restore works behind the scenes to disassociate your backup data from hardware dependencies while still retaining the necessary system data — files, configurations, applications, operating system, and so on.
- Detects the machine type and auto-installs appropriate drivers for the hardware abstraction layer (HAL)
- Detects hard disk controllers (SCSI and IDE) OR prompts you for driver locations
- An easy way to get a working system on a new machine up and running in minutes!
Quick and easy system recovery to new, dissimilar hardware
Acronis Rescue Media Builder Download
Protect your digital life with the only personal cyber protection solution that integrates backup and antimalware
Keep running with the most reliable and easy-to-use backup solution for businesses of all sizes