First it's better to save your file in xt or STEP format. I know new ansys workbench can read solidworks file. But your ansys vesion should be newer than solidworks version. If you use xT or STEP. This videos shows you ansys tutorials for beginners.this videos shows How to import files from solidworks to Ansys 14.0.this video also gives you how to mesh.
- Ansys Vs Solidworks Simulation
- Cad Configuration Manager Ansys 18
- Import Solidworks To Ansys
- Solidworks Plugin For Ansys
To import a surface to ANSYS in the Design Modeler, you will first need to create just the surface using a CAD program, such as Solidworks. Note that these instructions also apply to importing any part or assembly from Solidworks to ANSYS; you just need to skip the step in Solidworks on adding Surfaces.
A short video showing how to import a CAD model made in Solidworks to ANSYS Workbench.We have to save the Solidworks model in IGES file (.igs) and once IGES. Tem 7 d 4) 2 3) 7.3 & 7.4) CAD Package Supported Versions Reader / Plug-In VERSION NOTES: ACIS 2018 P ANSYS BladeGen1, 2 13, 14, 14.5 2018 P P 2019 P5 P6 2018 P P CATIA V4 4.2.4 P.
- Right-click on the Features toolbar and add Surfaces if it is not already shown
- Choose the type of surface you would like to create (extruded, revolved etc.)
- Create your desired surface
- Save the surface as a .STP file
- Create your project
- Right-click Geometry
- Select Import Geometry
- Locate your file and select it
- Go into Design Modeler and Generate
Now you should be able to see your surface in Design Modeler.
After you have created the geometry in Solidworks and saved it:
- Create your project
- Open Design Modeler
- Go to File>Attach Active CAD Geometry
- Click Generate
Now you can edit your Geometry in Solidworks and refresh it in Design Modeler after you have changed it.
Ansys Vs Solidworks Simulation
To refresh the geometry in Design Modeler:
- In the Details window, click Refresh>Use Geometry Parameter Values
- Click Generate
Now your Geometry in Design Modeler will reflect the changes you made in Solidworks.
In Solidworks you can connect the geometry to Workbench:
- Go to Tools>ANSYS
ANSYS Workbench will then open with the Solidworks file attached:
- Drag the Geometry onto the Geometry of your project
- You can then update the geometry from your CAD file directly
Now you should be able to update your geometry in Solidworks and refresh it in ANSYS
Geomagic for SolidWorks is a powerful plugin for SolidWorks software that allows you to turn real-world objects into digital and 3D models in SolidWorks via 3D scanning. Using this tool significantly reduces the time it takes to design 3D models of real-world objects. After the initial scan, you will use the tools provided by this plugin, as well as the SolidWorks environment tools, to complete the design over time, and you will eventually get an accurate 3D model of the object. This plugin supports a variety of 3D scanners and in addition to scanning, it is also able to receive 3D files as input. Using various wizards, the tool extracts the features of scanned objects, including surfaces, primary sketches, angles, sides, and so on.
One of the major benefits of using the Geomagic for SolidWorks plugin is the ability to generate 3D models from things that are impossible or at least very difficult to model manually. For example, manual modeling of living organisms such as humans, animals that have a certain geometric complexity in their design is very difficult, but with this plugin you can even model this category. This product is the work of 3D Systems, a company whose job is to produce products and provide 3D services to customers. Including 3D printers, material printing, digital design and modeling tools. With 30 years of experience in this field, this company is one of the well-known companies in the world of 3D products, and so far, various companies have used the services and products of this company in order to improve their business.
- OS: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- CPU: Intel® and AMD® processors with a minimum of 2 GHz clock speed *
- RAM: Minimum: 4 GB
- Hard Disk: 30 GB or more recommended
- OpenGL 3.0 or above, 32 bit true color required
- Minimum resolution: 1280 x 960
- Recommended resolution: 1280 X 1024 or higher
- Design Recommended Graphics Cards
- Design X, Verify, and XOS Recommended Graphics Cards
- Control, Wrap, Studio, Capture, and Design Direct Recommended Graphics Cards
- 3 button mouse with scroll
- Sound card
- Network card
- Internet Explorer version 7.x or higher
- Adobe Acrobat / Reader version 5.x or higher
- Microsoft Office 2003, 2007 or 2010 for reporting tools
- Microsoft Windows Installer 3.0
- Microsoft DirectX 9.0c or later
- Microsoft .NET 4.0 or 4.5 Framework
- Software Prerequisites: SolidWorks 2016-2017
Cad Configuration Manager Ansys 18
Read the Readme.txt file in the folder.
Import Solidworks To Ansys
|Geomagic for SolidWorks 2017.0.0||780.14 MB||Download|
Solidworks Plugin For Ansys