- By Sandeep Verma – October 12, In the latter case the decoder may be synthesized by means of a hardware description language such as VHDL or Verilog. The interactive 3 to 8 Decoder digital logic circuit, with Boolean function. The phone has three dialing buttons A, B, C and is connected to eight different speakers, as shown in Table 1.
- Design of 3: 8 Decoder Using When-Else Statement (VHDL Code). 11:55 naresh.dobal 9 comments Email This BlogThis!
A decoder is a combinational circuit constructed with logic gates. It is the reverse of the encoder. A decoder circuit is used to transform a set of digital input signals into an equivalent decimal code of its output. For ‘n’ inputs a decoder gives 2^n outputs. In this article, we will discuss on 4 to 16 decoder circuit design using 3 to 8 decoder.
An encoder is a combinational circuit that changes a set of signals into a code. For ‘2^n’ inputs an encoder circuit gives ‘n’ outputs.
3x8 Decoder In Vhdl can offer you many choices to save money thanks to 10 active results. You can get the best discount of up to 50% off. The new discount codes are constantly updated on Couponxoo. The latest ones are on Jun 23, 2020 5 new 3x8 Decoder In Vhdl results have been found in the last 90 days, which means that every 18, a new 3x8. Question on VHDL 3 to 8 decoder using two 2 to 4 decoders. I have successfully created the code for this problem using port map dec2to4. I'm having trouble with the test bench at the moment. It only gives me the input but the output is only empty. Here is my code for dec3to8:-library IEEE.
The following figure shows the block diagram of a decoder.
Vhdl Code For 3 To 8 Decoder Using If Else Statement
3 to 8 Decoder
This decoder circuit gives 8 logic outputs for 3 inputs. The circuit is designed with AND and NAND combinations. It takes 3 binary inputs and activates one of the eight outputs.
The decoder circuit works only when the Enable pin is high.
When the Enable (E) pin is low, all the output pins are low.
Circuit Design of 4 to 16 Decoder Using 3 to 8 Decoder
A decoder circuit of the higher combination is obtained by adding two or more lower combinational circuits. 4 to 16 decoder circuit is obtained from two 3 to 8 decoder circuits or three 2 to 4 decoder circuits.
When two 3 to 8 Decoder circuits are combined the enable pin acts as the input for both the decoders. When enable pin is high at one 3 to 8 decoder circuits then it is low at another 3 to 8 decoder circuit.
The Enable (E) pin acts as one of the input pins for both 3 to 8 decoder circuits.
Circuit Diagram of 4 to 16 Decoder
Applications of Decoders
- In every wireless communication, data security is the main concern. The decoders are mainly designed to provide security for data communication by designing standard encryption and decryption algorithms.
- Decoders are used in audio systems to convert analogue audio into digital data.
- Used as a decompressor to convert compressed data like images and videos into decompressed form.
- Decoders use electronic circuits which convert computer instructions into CPU control signals.
Therefore, this is all about the 4 to 16 decoder circuit design using a 3 to 8 decoder circuit. Furthermore, any queries regarding this article or electronics projects you can comment us in the comment section below. here is a question for you, what is the use of Enable pin encoder/ decoder?
- TEST BENCH
Vhdl Code For 3x8 Decoder Download
Test Bench Waveform: